Climate Design Specialist
For more than 30 years, Snøhetta has designed some of the world’s most notable public and cultural projects. Since its inception, the practice has maintained its original transdisciplinary approach, and integrates architecture, landscape, interior, product and graphic design across its projects. We represent a multitude of different cultural and national origins, with currently around 250 employees spread on offices in Oslo, New York, Innsbruck, Paris, Adelaide, Hong Kong and San Francisco.
Snøhetta Oslo is looking for a climate design specialist to join us in our efforts to create a carbon negative future. In this position, you will have a key role in driving our work in an ever more sustainable direction. Among your tasks will be to contribute with your knowledge in areas such as sustainable materials, circularity, and reuse in various projects. In addition, you will work closely with our HR and operations teams to systematize our knowledge on low carbon architecture and make it accessible to the entire office.
We’re looking for an expert in sustainable architecture, a person who loves contributing to others’ projects and someone who is an excellent conveyer of knowledge.
Formal requirements and competence:
- Masters’ degree in architecture or engineering
- Expert knowledge in sustainable architecture
- Experience from complex architectural projects
- Expert knowledge of tools used for sustainable architecture
Key tasks and responsibilities:
- Actively work with project teams on sustainability measures in ongoing projects
- Be a go-to person and guide for colleagues on sustainable architecture
- Work with our HR and operations teams to implement relevant training for all employees at Snøhetta Oslo
- Run our sustainability forum
Desired personal qualification:
- Excellent communication skills
- Proactive, flexible, and open to challenges
- Structured, punctual, and organized
- Someone who prefers doing it over talking about it
- A service-minded approach
- Comfortable in deep water
- Dissatisfied with yesterday's solutions and a fearless approach to innovation and re-invention
What we offer:
- Some of the world’s greatest projects
- A multidisciplinary work environment with around 100 inspiring and talented colleagues
- An old, converted warehouse in the center of Oslo with a panoramic view over the fjord
- Passion for our common goal: carbon negative builds
Desired startup date as soon as possible.
Application deadline is October 31st, 2021. Please follow this link to submit your application: https://web106.reachmee.com/ex...
Due to the number of applications we receive, we're not able to respond to candidates individually. We will be in touch if there is an interest in your application. We are looking forward to hearing from you!
Director of Operations
Marlene Fenger Vedal
Team Lead Interior Architect and Staffing Manager